Welcome to Urban Girl Reader’s stop on the Mad About You Blog Tour. We asked Lori Wilde to share some things about Mad About You that would surprise us. We love #4 and will have to remember it when there is no one out.
5 Facts about My Book That Might Surprise You!
by Lori Wilde
1. When I was writing YOU ONLY LOVE TWICE, my editor called me to tell me this was the new title they’d decided on. I freaked because no one in the book was loving twice. I had to completely revamp the plot, giving everyone a second chance at love. It ended up making the storyline so much richer. Who knew a title could make such a difference?
2. In LICENSE TO THRILL, Charlee is terrified of spiders because she was bitten by a black widow when she visited an outhouse in Wisconsin. An angry reader wrote to tell me they do not have black widow spiders in Wisconsin, but guess what, they do and I have the research to prove it.
3. One night I couldn’t sleep and got up to check my email. In my inbox was a letter from Mason Gentry–the hero of LICENSE TO THRILL–the email said simply: Funny things happen when you Google your name. Sort of freaky to get an email from one of your characters, especially in the middle of the night.
4. The flash mob bowling scene in YOU ONLY LOVE TWICE came about when I had completely painted myself into a corner and didn’t know how to get out. I woke up in the middle of the night with the creative solution, leaped up and went straight to the computer.
5. The action/adventure romances in MAD ABOUT YOU, are two of my personal favorites out of the 70+ books I’ve written.
Mad About You
by Lori Wilde
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Action
Release Date: March 25th 2014 by Forever
Format: eBook, 672 pages
LICENSE TO THRILL
Las Vegas private eye Charlee Champagne is absolutely fearless. But when handsome Mason Gentry strides into her office, demanding to know where his grandfather is, she can’t control the goosebumps. It’s not like Mason to be in Sin City while the biggest deal of his banking career wraps up without him, but one moment with Charlee brings out his wild side. Before he knows it, Mason is on a mission, driving pedal to the metal across the desert with the toughest, sexiest woman he has ever met . . .
YOU ONLY LOVE TWICE
Comic book creator Marlie Montague’s life isn’t as exciting as her heroine’s . . . until someone points the business end of a pistol right at her. Now she needs help from a real-life action hero: her rock-hard Navy secret-agent neighbor, Joel Hunter. Soon he and the beautiful Marlie are blowing the doors off a full-blown conspiracy with more double agents than a Bond flick. But the real mystery is: How does Marlie manage to leave Joel both shaken and stirred?