Today we have Katie Lane on the site and we were able to ask her some questions. In honor of her heroine Brianne who manages to land herself in the jail, we asked Katie what would be her top items that she would want to have with her if she had to go to jail. We love her choices and totally agree with the Dove’s dark chocolate (and the laptop and the ereader and the pillow). 🙂 Also, be sure to enter the giveaway below for your chance to win a copy of Katie’s entire backlist or a copy of A Match Made in Texas.
~ Top 5 Things to Bring to Jail ~
by Katie Lane
1. Laptop. Give me peace and quiet and my laptop, and I can be happy just about anywhere.
2. Dove’s dark chocolate. Because sometimes you just need a little zap of sugar and cocoa.
3. My pillow. I sleep much better when I have my soft, comfy pillow.
4. Ereader. Depending on how long I’m there, I could really cut into my TBR list.
5. A hacksaw. Because, after a few days, I’ll miss my husband and my Cairn terrier Roo and I’ll need to escape.
Thanks, Urban Girl Reader! It’s always a pleasure.
A Match Made in Texas
by Katie Lane
Series: Deep in the Heart of Texas #6
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Western
Publication: March 25th 2014 by Forever
Format: Paperback/eBook, 352 pages
Living with four over-protective brothers is enough to make a good girl go bad. But the day Brianne Cates hits the road for a taste of freedom, she gets more trouble than she bargained for when she’s arrested by a sexy sheriff in mirrored shades. Now doing a stint of community service, she’s not going to let a cowboy cop like Dusty Hicks mess with her newfound independence-even if he awakens every wicked fantasy she’s ever had.
In Bramble, Texas, Dusty is the law. That means no leniency for the gorgeous rebel whose highway antics almost got them both killed. The divorced lawman doesn’t need another rich, pampered princess, even if Brianne has the lushest body and sweetest smile in the whole darn state. But even as Brianne proves that she lives to walk on the wild side, Dusty begins to wonder if maybe he has what it takes to tame her.